Done my first photography workshop at Pulau Tenggol recently. Basically this not full workshop because the audience already have experience with camera and photography. I just touch some composition technique, HDR processing and photo editing technique and my personal Photoshop custom action.
Plan to have another session in June(TBA) and July(Tioman Island) and October (@ Bangka and Lembeh). The workshop will combine a PADI Underwater Photography Diver Module and our own module.
Duration for the workshop will be 3 days 4 night and workshop fee is RM 850, Diver will earn PADI Underwater Photography Diver Specialty Card. Price without PADI specialty is RM 600 . Price not include cost of travel, accommodation, diving, meals and personal expenses in the island.
Workshop will cover as item below (still in draft. Planning to add more module) :
Session 1 : Basic Photography Fundamental & Digital Camera function & Introduction to Underwater Digital Photography
- This session we will discuss about fundamental of Photography. A terminology of Aperture, Shutter and ISO. Some physic about lighting and exposure.
- Digital camera function such as shutter, apperture, iso, white balance, file format, exposure and histogram, metering, shooting mode, focus, lens (wide, portrait, tele & macro). Prime vs zoom etc
- Setting on Underwater camera. Do and Don’t s, Camera maintenance etc.
- This part mostly will cover more land photography basic technique
Session 2: Underwater Photography
- Still cover basic Underwater Photography, Common challenge when taking photo underwater and how to overcome the challenge.
- Basic discussion on how to arrange the diving equipment in order to be comfort underwater
- Available technique commonly diver shot underwater. Tips and Trick.
- Composition vs Technique above
- PADI SEA(Shoot Evaluate Adjust) methodology
- Preparation before, during and after diving/shootout
Session 3: Editing and Post Processing Part 1.
- Discuss on available photo processing software in Market/Internet. Free software such as Picasa, ACDSee Light, PIMP etc and Commercial software like ACDSee Pro, Aperture, Photoshop etc.
- Introduction of Adobe Photoshop.
- Basic photo processing workflow using Photoshop
Session 4: Editing and Post Processing 2
- RAW vs JPEG
- Advance processing workflow in Photoshop
- Editing using our Custom Action Script ( 20 customize script for underwater photographer for FREE)
- Learn to create photo and text effect
- What next? this session is to discuss what to with your photo. Share among family, friends, colleague or public and pro to get their opinion and improve the shot.
- Tips and Trick on submitting photo to competition and publisher.
We still adjust/add/revise the module. Interested please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Some shot taken during the workshop: